Project Owner: RIDA Development Corporation
Marriott Marquis Convention Center Hotel
Construction Contract Performance Period: 2013-2017, 2015-2020
Diversity Business Participation Program (Development & Director)
Description & Project Relevance
- Establish strategy for MWBE participation (prime & subcontractor at all levels (i.e. Design; Supply; Construction, and Acquisition.
- Technical Assistance to relevant MWBEs
- Marketing and Introduction of MWBEs to major 1st tiers
- Resolution of “on the job” issues relative to technical, payment, and workmanship
- Establishment and maintenance of accurate and timely reporting for MWBE contract participation
Scope of Work
To establish a Diversity Business Participation Program for RIDA that will seek to comply with the MWBE contract participation goals prescribed by Houston First Corporation (HFC) for the Marriott Marquis Convention Center Hotel.
1,200 key room Hotel
$208 Million Dollar Project
We have completed our review of the current ‘Diversity Contract Participation Report’ and are extremely pleased with the level of contract awards issued to date to small and diverse companies for all procurement categories including – Acquisition, Design, and Construction. Recognizing the level of complexity to involve small and diverse businesses on such a large-scale project, the participation achieved to date is remarkable.
As our Diversity Consultant (on this project), A.O. Phillips & Associates is a valued member of our “team” and significant contributor to our success. Thank you for your professional approach, dedication, and commitment to meeting/exceeding our goals.”
– Ira Mitzner, President, RIDA Development Corporation
- Actual MWBE participation achievement was 28% of 208 million dollar spend.
- Project was completed before completion date